When installing cabling for a wireless network, what is the best cabling infrastructure? The wrong cabling infrastructure can pose several problems and inefficiencies. When it comes to wireless cabling infrastructure, there are several solutions. These include coaxial cabling, optical cabling, and Category 6 or Category 6A cabling. But which solution is the best?
Which Wireless System?
In many instances, the choice of cabling infrastructure will depend on the type of wireless network being installed. The type of wireless network will determine the best cabling infrastructure. Take a look at these common types of wireless networks and the best cabling infrastructure choices for them:
- Enterprise WiFi systems: These wireless networks typically utilize balanced twisted-pair cabling such as Category 6 or Category 6A.
- Distributed antenna systems (DAS): These networks are for wireless mobile phone coverage and may utilize coaxial cabling, Category 6/6A, or fiber cabling.
- Small cell systems: These networks are better suited for providing wireless coverage in smaller facilities (50,000 square feet or less). Small cells connect with Category 5e or fiber.
Ultimately, the best cabling infrastructure choice will be dictated by the type of wireless network being installed. You may have a choice between two different cabling types; many people will often see that their wireless networks and their data networks can both be installed with the same type of cabling infrastructure, such as Category 6/6A or fiber. However, this poses several problems, which we’ll cover in our next post.
Get in Touch with FiberPlus
FiberPlus has been providing data communication solutions for over 25 years in the Mid Atlantic Market for a number of different markets. What began as a cable installation company for Local Area Networks has grown into a leading provider of innovative technology solutions improving the way our customers communicate. Our solutions now include:
- Structured Cabling
- Electronic Security Systems
- Distributed Antenna Systems
- Public Safety DAS
- Audio/Video Services
- Support Services
- Specialty Systems
- Design/Build Services
FiberPlus promises the communities in which we serve that we will continue to expand and evolve as new technology is introduced within the telecommunications industry.
Have any questions? Interested in one of our services? Call FiberPlus today 800-394-3301, email us at email@example.com, or visit our contact page.