Recommend This Job To A Friend
Position summary: The Business Development Executive builds market position by researching, developing and establishing business relationships that will facilitate the locating,, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business opportunities within the vertical structured cabling and security area of expertise as identified, by management from time to time, and outlined below. The Business Development Executive manages technology required and sales support provided throughout all aspects of the sales cycle while continually identifying additional revenue opportunities; constantly building the sales pipeline and backlog of future activity. The Business Development Executive provides sales support and ensures both customer understanding of our capabilities and satisfaction of the corporate revenue objectives of FiberPlus, Inc. products and services.
Position responsibilities: The primary responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Prospects, builds and maintains a pipeline of active and qualified accounts for the installation and/or maintenance of commercial/secure facilities
- Maintains the Customer Relationship Management Database (SUGAR), ON A DAILY BASIS, to develop historical data, over time, for the future development of a Pipeline, Backlog and Client/Vendor history for the generation of potential leads for current and future business
- The role requires that the Business Development Executive also provides an “estimating function” for all the potential business opportunities that may, from to time become available, this includes but is not limited to, working with other functions within Pennsylvania Networks and other branches to ensure that competitive proposals are presented to clients in a competitive and cost efficient basis
- Educates and advises clients regarding solutions to their points of pain
- Consistently meets and exceeds established, agreed sales quotas
- Continuing education will include Sales Training and knowledge of products and service offerings of our manufacturers
- Adapts product/solution offerings of FiberPlus Inc/CTS to meet client business goals
- Provides sales proposals, gives product demonstrations, and persuasively illustrates the benefits of FiberPlusInc/CTS solutions to clients and contractors
- Prepares and delivers requested (R.F.Ps)Request for Proposal documents in coordination with the Technical Design & Engineering team; Estimating Group and any other function which may, from time to time be required
- Communicates sales activity and pipeline forecasts to the Head of Sales and Marketing on a weekly basis, via phone call or video at a predertimined schedule which is your responsibility to comply, subject to cient demands
- Contacts partners/clients and/or potential clients to answer questions and provide information and customer service as business demands require
Essential skills and experience Preferred: Minimum of 5 years sales experience in low voltage integration field, with experience selling electronic security, including but not limited to CCTV systems, access control and security devices, intrusion detection, biometrics, voice systems, fiber optic and copper cabling, integration and installation. Sales experience with a cabling or electrical firm in the Pennsylvania region is preferred. Knowledge of low voltage structured cabling and technology solutions is preferred, with experience in business development for commercial and/or federal markets and a working knowledge of construction, electrical and engineering drawings. Proven level of sales volume in excess of $1 million per year is also required. The position requires an ability to build excellent client relationships, and to influence decision makers within those potential and current clients. The role requires the individual to be well networked, or be prepared to develop networks of individuals within the cabling and/or security industry (vendors, manufacturers, and distributors) and be membership affiliated within trade industry.
It is important that the individual concerned posseses an ability to prioritize tasks, meets deadlines, a sense of urgency, and the ability to follow-up with clients toclose deals.
Closing, prospecting, sales planning, and presentation skills are required. The role also requires the ability to work both independently and within a team environment. Strong customer service and communication skills are essential. Strong computer skills, with experience in Microsoft Office Suite, to include but not limited to, Word and Excel are also required. This position requires flexible working hours and travel, including travel to customer job sites.
You must be able to pass a background check, and/or the ability get a government issued clearance if required. A clean driving record is required, and candidate must provide a DMV record upon offer of employment. Drug screening is also required as we are a drug-free workplace.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or 5 years equivalent experience is required. Certified Protection Professional Certification is a major plus, but not required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: While performing the duties of this position, the Business Development Executive is frequently required to sit; talk; hear; and use hands, arms, and fingers to type. The Business Developer is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to feel, finger, or grasp objects or tools; crouch, crawl, and kneel; and reach with hands and arms. The Business Development Executive may occasionally be expected to lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, ability to adjust focus, and the ability to focus on a CRT or LCD computer monitor for lengthy periods of time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
The role requires that from time to time, as management decides, there may be a requirement for the Business Development Executive to perform other duties. This may include, but is not limited to, the role of Project or Programme Management for specific client jobs.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills, nor are these statements intended to create a contract of employment between the employee and FiberPlus, Inc.
FiberPlus, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer: m/f/d/v/aa