Recommend This Job To A Friend
Position summary: The Estimator develops the basis of estimate for the pricing of small or moderate sized projects being implemented under the State Contract or for small, straight forward commercial projects for telecommunications projects. The Estimator is, preferably a certified BICSI installer, knowledgeable of all industry related installation, testing and documentation standards. The Estimator provides support to the Sales and Operations Department.
Position responsibilities: The responsibilities of the Estimator include, but are not limited to:
- Reviews documents such as drawings and specifications to accurately determine the scope of work by project, to include all materials, labor, and submittals, to determine pricing as required by the contract or other customer
- Conducts site examinations, as necessary to ensure a thorough understanding of actual site conditions/construction, as it relates to the installation of telecommunications and related systems
- Compiles and analyzes data
- Resolves questions and/or issues with site point of contact at the time of walk-through
- Prepares a comprehensive Statement of Work (SOW), including any exceptions and/or exclusions
- Prepares estimate spreadsheets and reviews completed spreadsheets and SOW with the Operations and Sales Departments
- Assesses the cost effectiveness of specified products and services; and 8) Provides follow-up support as required.Essential skills and experience: Minimum of 5 years in telecommunications system infrastructure, premise and/or OSP cabling, telecommunications system installation, with at least 2 years in a supervisory or crew leader role is required. The Estimator must have an in-depth knowledge of current industry standards (ANSI, EIA/TIA, NEC, IEEE) as well as related Federal, State and Local standards, and industry related product lines. The position requires experience in the use of a variety of telecommunications test equipment. Position also requires above average computer literacy and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, with a strong ability and experience in the development and use of spreadsheet and word processing documents. The position requires the ability to read and interpret project drawings and/or blueprints and strong attention to detail. Strong math, analytical, communication, interpersonal skills are also necessary. Education: High school diploma or equivalent and equivalent work experience in telecommunications industry or Bachelor’s Degree in related field is required. BICSI Installer certification is a plus.Physical Demands and Work Environment: While performing the duties of this position, the Estimator is frequently required to sit; talk; hear; and use hands, arms, and fingers to type. The Estimator is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to feel, finger, or grasp objects or tools; crouch, crawl, and kneel; and reach with hands and arms. The Estimator may occasionally be expected to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, ability to adjust focus, and the ability to focus on a CRT or LCD computer monitor for lengthy periods of time. The position also requires the ability to discern colors used in network cabling and cabling terminations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills, nor are these statements intended to create a contract of employment between the employee and FiberPlus, Inc.
FiberPlus, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer: m/f/d/v/aa