Data centers often house sensitive government information that requires mission-critical security for protection. This means that data centers often lead the demand for cutting-edge security technology. Access control systems are one of the best security measures for ensuring that the right employees have access to the correct areas. And when it comes to data centers, you can’t have too much security. That is why several data centers are being equipped with biometric security, from the front doors of the facility right down to the individual server cabinets. This amount of security may seem strict, but it in fact will ensure that only qualified individuals have access to certain server cabinets. And the peace-of-mind that comes with this level of security is priceless.
Easy and Secure Access Control
Most server cabinets are provided much less security than the front doors of the facility. Generally, server cabinets are secured by surrounding them in a cage or cabinet with a mechanical keyed lock. Some server cabinets feature proximity readers. However, these common types of security risk that a keycard could end up in the wrong hands or an audit trail could be disputable.
With biometric security, you can rely on extremely accurate identification without the same risks associated with using multiple types of access control. Consider these benefits:
- Simplified security administration: There are no keys or keycards to keep track of, which minimizes the risk of keys or keycards getting into the wrong hands. Simply make changes using the manufacturer software.
- Reduced opportunities for breaches: Biometric security eliminates access enablers that can become separated from the user. This ensures a lower chance of security breaches.
- Indisputable audit trail: The audit trail that is recorded by the biometric security system records and reports each instance of each individual’s access of any server cabinet.
Get in Touch with FiberPlus
FiberPlus has been providing data communication services for a number of different markets through fiber optics since 1992. What began as a cable installation company for Local Area Networks has grown into a top telecommunications business that can provide the Richmond, VA, Columbus, OH, Pittsburgh, PA, Baltimore, MD, Washington DC, and Northern Virginia areas with a number of different services. These services now include:
- Structured Cabling
- Electronic Security Systems
- Distributed Antenna Systems
- Audio/Visual Services
- Support Services
- Specialty Systems
- Design/Build Services
FiberPlus promises the communities in which we serve that we will continue to expand and evolve as new technology is introduced within the telecommunications industry.
Have any questions? Interested in one of our services? Call FiberPlus today 800-394-3301, email us at email@example.com, or visit our contact page.