Every healthcare facility has the responsibility of protecting the safety and wellbeing of its patients and staff with a nurse call system. Also known as call light systems, nurse call systems link the communication between patients and caregivers in hospitals and other healthcare facilities. There are some vital things to look for when determining the most desirable nurse call system for your healthcare setting.
Nurse call solutions have gradually advanced as needs change and new technologies appear. Previous nurse call systems did not have intuition and frequently had complicated wiring that wasn’t flexible within modern healthcare facilities. Now, modern features include minimal wiring for easy use and maintenance, touchscreen elements, two-way voice communication, and more. In addition, most web-based applications are designed to compare results, analyze trends, and identify potential patient-care concerns.
Customized Coding for Nurse Call
One essential feature of a nurse call system is a facility’s nurse call station must always be built to communicate calls at different levels of priority and importance. An example is a nurse call system furnished with several settings for code light colors and audible tones. This feature is vital when prioritizing attention and treatment is required during a crisis.
Personalized Solutions for Particular Needs
Moreover, there are other features worth considering for your facility’s needs. FiberPlus can provide specialized solutions to satisfy the different call system needs of any healthcare setting. They can work with you to find the correct answer (s) to accommodate your needs and budget. For example, there are two different kinds of nurse call systems:
- Button Systems: These systems allow the patient to communicate with support staff and their nurse by pressing a button near their bed. The button system increases the patient’s sense of security.
- Intercom Systems: An advanced system that allows the monitoring nurse to communicate with a patient without entering its room. This intercom-based system increases both the patient’s and nurse’s safety levels.
Get in Touch with FiberPlus
FiberPlus has been providing data communication solutions for over 25 years in the Mid-Atlantic Region for a number of different markets. What began as a cable installation company for Local Area Networks has grown into a leading provider of innovative technology solutions improving the way our customers communicate and keeping them secure. Our solutions now include:
- Structured Cabling (Fiberoptic, Copper and Coax for inside and outside plant networks)
- Electronic Security Systems (Access Control & CCTV Solutions)
- Wireless Access Point installations
- Public Safety DAS – Emergency Call Stations
- Audio/Video Services (Intercoms and Display Monitors)
- Support Services
- Specialty Systems
- Design/Build Services
- UL2050 Certifications and installations for Secure Spaces
FiberPlus promises the communities in which we serve that we will continue to expand and evolve as new technology is introduced within the telecommunications industry.