BICSI, or the Building Industry Consulting Service International, Inc., started in 1974 and has served since then as an industry association to service whatever needs telecommunications consultants may have. Due to the constantly expanding field of telecommunications, we’ve seen similar growth in the influence and use of BICSI. Chances are, if you’ve worked within the information and communications technology industry, you’ve been impacted by BICSI in some way.
ICT, or information and communications technology, is a massive industry that continues to grow and expand. The industry covers all aspects of voice & data, electronic safety and security, audio and video technologies, and project management technologies. This includes optical fiber, copper-based distribution systems, wireless-based systems, and more. BICSI is meant to service the needs of anyone working within ICT to provide solutions and standards for communications and other related needs.
Meeting the Needs of ICT
BICSI services over 23,000 ICT professionals. This includes designers, installers, and technicians that deal with communications technologies on a day-to-day basis. These are your audio/visual techs that keep your lobby up and running or your fiber installers that allow your office space to function at lightning quick speeds. BICSI utilizes courses, conferences, publications, and professional registration programs to aid in offering ICT professionals critical products and services.
Professional Credentials Offered
BICSI offers a few professional credentials, namely:
- Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD): RCDDs are capable of demonstrating knowledge in designing, integrating, and implementing information transport systems and any related infrastructure elements.
- Registered Telecommunication Project Manager (RTPM): Information transport systems may be interested in this specific credential as it shows mastery of related concepts.
- Data Center Design Consultant (DCDC): Consultants who meet this criteria are able to demonstrate knowledge of data center design.
- Outside Plant (OSP) Designer: These designers are able to show that they understand outside plant design.
Get in Touch with FiberPlus
FiberPlus is a BICSI corporate member and has been providing data communication solutions for over 25 years in the Mid Atlantic Region for a number of different markets. What began as a cable installation company for Local Area Networks has grown into a leading provider of innovative technology solutions improving the way our customers communicate and keeping them secure. Our solutions now include:
- Structured Cabling (inside and outside plant)
- Electronic Security Systems (Access Control & CCTV Solutions)
- Distributed Antenna Systems
- Public Safety DAS
- Audio/Video Services (Intercoms and Display Monitors)
- Support Services
- Specialty Systems
- Design/Build Services
FiberPlus promises the communities in which we serve that we will continue to expand and evolve as new technology is introduced within the telecommunications industry.
Have any questions? Interested in one of our services? Call FiberPlus today 800-394-3301, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our contact page. Our offices are located in the Washington, DC metro area, Richmond, VA, and Columbus, OH. In Pennsylvania, please call Pennsylvania Networks, Inc. at 814-259-3999.