Media converters are a great tool to have if you are going to be using your network to do more at faster speeds. Many companies have plenty of connections, just not enough bandwidth with all of the growing demand for data. Media conversion technology is an important part of expanding a current network or building a new network from scratch.
How Do Media Converters Work?
Since there are more devices on networks than ever before, incredibly demanding applications, and increasingly complex networks, there needs to be a way to integrate fiber applications with existing cabling. Media converters allow your business to combine fiber and copper, in addition to different types of fiber in Enterprise LAN networks. Media converters support numerous protocols, data rates, and media types. The end result is an awesome network that is much more reliable and cost-effective.
The Major Benefits of Media Converters
- Increased speed: Media converters let you and all of your network’s users get tasks done in the fastest amount of tie possible. Fiber-based media converters are versatile and maximize functionality at an affordable cost.
- A bigger network: Media converters also allow your network to expand past its current capabilities. Since media converters are basically two different transceivers passing data back and forth, they can increase the quality and power of your access and support a fast and rigorous network speed.
- Cost-effective: Media converters are incredibly cost effective. Fiber networks can sustain high bandwidth features including video streaming. Since the media converter will marry your fiber and copper networks without needing to install a great deal of new infrastructure, your entire network will benefit without breaking the bank.
- Less electromagnetic interference: Media converters make the path between copper to fiber much gentler, with the added benefit of less electromagnetic interference. They can also help to stand in for people who want to make the entire switch to fiber but don’t have the funds to do so yet.
Get in Touch with FiberPlus
FiberPlus has been providing data communication solutions for over 25 years in the Mid Atlantic Region for a number of different markets. What began as a cable installation company for Local Area Networks has grown into a leading provider of innovative technology solutions improving the way our customers communicate and keeping them secure. Our solutions now include:
- Structured Cabling (inside and outside plant)
- Electronic Security Systems (Access Control & CCTV Solutions)
- Distributed Antenna Systems
- Public Safety DAS
- Audio/Video Services (Intercoms and Display Monitors)
- Support Services
- Specialty Systems
- Design/Build Services
FiberPlus promises the communities in which we serve that we will continue to expand and evolve as new technology is introduced within the telecommunications industry.
Have any questions? Interested in one of our services? Call FiberPlus today 800-394-3301, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our contact page. Our offices are located in the Washington, DC metro area, Richmond, VA, and Columbus, OH. In Pennsylvania, please call Pennsylvania Networks, Inc. at 814-259-3999.