The backbone or riser is an integral part of a structured cabling system in a large facility or campus environment. This type of cabling system works to connect telecommunications rooms, equipment rooms, main terminal spaces, and entrance facilities with a series of backbone cables, intermediate and main cross-connects, mechanical terminations, and patch cords or jumpers for backbone-to-backbone cross-connections where the efficient exchange of information is necessary.
How a Backbone Cabling System is Installed
When we install a backbone cabling system, we make sure to do it right. A backbone cabling system is a large and complicated project; any mistake made in the installation could result in big fixes down the road. That’s why we make sure to do it right the first time. Here are a few things we take into consideration during installation:
- Backbone cabling is installed in a star topology. This is a very specific installation configuration that differs from other setups.
- The backbone is connected to a main and an intermediate level of cross-connects. No more than these two levels can be made in a backbone system. For high bandwidth capability, we use uninterrupted runs of fiber optic cabling.
- We’ll assess your facility to determine which type of backbone cable will work most efficiently for you. There are several types of backbone cables that all have different strengths and applications.
Call FiberPlus today to learn more about how a backbone cabling system can improve your business’s communications efficiency!
Get in Touch with FiberPlus!
FiberPlus has been providing data communication services for a number of different markets through fiber optics since 1992. What began as a cable installation company for Local Area Networks has grown into a top telecommunications business that can provide the Richmond, VA, Baltimore, MD, Washington DC, and Northern Virginia areas with a number of different services. These services now include:
- Structured Cabling
- Electronic Security Systems
- Distributed Antenna Systems
- Audio/Visual Services
- Support Services
- Specialty Systems
- Design/Build Services
FiberPlus promises the communities in which we serve that we will continue to expand and evolve as new technology is introduced within the telecommunications industry.
Have any questions? Interested in one of our services? Call FiberPlus today 800-394-3301, email us at email@example.com, or visit our contact page.