Recommend This Job To A Friend
Position summary: BICSI RCDD – RCDD designation have demonstrated their knowledge in the creation, planning, integration, execution and/or detailed-oriented project management of telecommunications and data communications technology.
Position responsibilities: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct site examinations as necessary to ensure a thorough understanding of actual site conditions/construction, as relates to OSP underground and aerial installation of telecommunications and related systems.
- Prepare detailed estimates for all required labor and materials, to include OSP cabling, splicing of copper and fiber, conduit installation, excavating, directional boring, construction of ductbank, manholes, handholes, traffic control and all aspects of aerial installation.
- General Knowledge of the requirements for permitting.
- Prepare spreadsheets and coordinate with Purchasing to obtain pricing.
- Prepare questions to provide to Sales Rep. for resolution.
- Provide a comprehensive SOW (statement of work) including any exceptions/ exclusions.
- Review completed spreadsheets and SOW with Sales Rep.
- Review completed spreadsheet and SOW with Operations and obtain signatures.
- Provide follow-up support as needed.
- Assists with fiber optic and copper cable installations
- Under supervision, installs fiber optic and copper cable systems, supporting structures, and components
- Assists the Crew Leader in the successful completion of assigned tasks
- Facilitates hands-on instruction of lesser-experienced Technicians.
Essential skills and experience:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Able to work independently or as a member of a crew to complete fiber optic, UTP, and/or coaxial cable installation projects as well as associated system components.
- Hands on experience installing vertical backbone and horizontal fiber optic and copper cable systems as well as proficiency with hand tools to be used in the installation of support structures, including conduit, cable trays, racks, patch panels, cable management systems, outlets, and jacks.
- Technicians Level II will assist in the installation of fiber optic, copper, and Co-axial cable systems.
- Additionally, they will assist with testing and documenting the results with test equipment such as light source and Power meters, OTDR’s, and hand held cable testers as defined in TIA/EIA TSB-67. Other skill sets include: working knowledge of fiber optic and copper cable terms and concepts, installation codes, practices, and procedures, including BICSI, EIA/TIA standards, manufacturer recommendations, and OSHA standards.
- Technicians Level II will have good interpersonal and customer service skills and the ability to work in both premise and OSP environments (work from ladders, lifts, confined spaces).
- Technicians must be able to work overtime, after hours, and travel as needed.
- Experience working with 2” and under conduit strongly preferred.
Must be able to pass a background check and/or have the ability to get a government issued security clearance. A clean driving record is required and candidate must provide a DMV record upon offer of employment. Drug screening is required. U.S. citizenship may also be required.
Education:Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant management experience RCDD/BICSI certification BICSI certification is a plus.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: While performing duties of the job, Technicians will frequently be required to stand; walk; sit; bend; stoop; kneel; climb; pull; push; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. They will also frequently be required to lift a minimum of 75 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment usually moderate, but can become heavy or high depending on the equipment being used at the particular work site.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills, nor are these statements intended to create a contract of employment between the employee and FiberPlus, Inc.
FiberPlus, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer: