Recommend This Job To A Friend
Position summary: The Technical Designer/RCDD (Premise) develops the basis of estimate for the pricing of large and moderate sized or complex projects for telecommunications and related systems. The Technical Designer/RCDD (Premise) is a certified BICSI RCDD knowledgeable of all related standards, current technology and practices, including design, installation, testing and documentation. The Technical Designer/RCDD (Premise) provides support to the Sales and Operations Departments.
Position responsibilities: The responsibilities of the Technical Designer/RCDD (Premise) include, but are not limited to:
- Reviews Request for Proposal (RFP) documents such as drawings and specifications to accurately determine the scope of projects, to include all materials, labor, and submittals, as necessary to prepare a cost proposal or other pricing document
- Prepares/provides supporting design detail (drawings/narratives), as required
- Conducts site examinations, as necessary to ensure a thorough understanding of actual site
conditions/construction, as it relates to the installation of telecommunications and related systems
- Prepares questions (RFI’s), and provides to Sales for resolution
- Prepares spreadsheets and coordinates with Purchasing to obtain pricing
- Prepares a comprehensive Statement of Work (SOW), including any exceptions/exclusions
- Reviews completed spreadsheets and SOW with Sales
- Reviews completed spreadsheets and SOW with Operations and obtains sign-off
- Provides follow-up support (attend meetings, evaluate changes, inspections, etc.) as needed.Essential skills and experience: Minimum of 5 years in telecommunications system infrastructure, premise and/or OSP cabling, telecommunications system design, with at least 2 years in a supervisory or program management role. Must have an in depth knowledge of current industry standards (ANSI, EIA/TIA, IEEE and related Federal, State and Local related requirements and standards) and industry related product lines. Must have experience in the use of a variety of test equipment. Position also requires above average computer literacy and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, with a strong ability and experience in the development and use of spreadsheets, word processing documents, scheduling tools, estimating tools, and design/drawing tools. The position requires the ability to read and interpret project drawings and/or blueprints and strong attention to detail. Strong math, analytical, communication, interpersonal skills are also necessary. Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required. BICSCI RCDD certification is required.Physical Demands and Work Environment: While performing the duties of this position, the Technical Designer/RCDD (Premise) is frequently required to sit; talk; hear; and use hands, arms, and fingers to type. The Technical Designer/RCDD (Premise) is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to feel, finger, or grasp objects or tools; crouch, crawl, and kneel; and reach with hands and arms. The Technical Designer/RCDD (Premise) may occasionally be expected to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, ability to adjust focus, and the ability to focus on a CRT or LCD computer monitor for lengthy periods of time. The position also requires the ability to discern colors used in network cabling and cabling terminations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills, nor are these statements intended to create a contract of employment between the employee and FiberPlus, Inc.
FiberPlus, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer: m/f/d/v/aa