Recommend This Job To A Friend
Position summary: The Business Developer builds market position by researching, developing and establishing business relationships that will facilitate the locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business opportunities within the vertical structured cabling and electronic security area of expertise as identified, by management from time to time, and outlined below. The Business Developer manages technology required and sales support provided throughout all aspects of the sales cycle while continually identifying additional revenue opportunities; constantly building the sales pipeline and backlog of future activity. The Business Developer provides sales support which ensures that the Company’s customers have a thorough understanding of our corporate capabilities and that the corporate revenue objectives of the Company are met.
Position responsibilities: The primary responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Prospecting, building and maintaining a pipeline of active and qualified accounts generating revenue from the design, installation, maintenance of low voltage solutions to commercial and governmental clients. This may require attending Business networking events meeting outside the normal workday hours.
- Maintain the Customer Relationship Management Database (SUGAR) daily, to develop historical data for the future development of a pipeline, backlog and client/vendor history for the generation of potential leads for current and future business;
- The role requires that the Business Developer may be required to provide an “estimating function” for all the potential business opportunities developed, this includes but is not limited to, working with other functions within Pennsylvania Networks, Inc. and other branches to ensure that competitive proposals are presented to clients in a competitive and cost efficient basis;
- Educate and advise clients regarding solutions;
- Consistently meeting or exceeding established and agreed sales quotas;
- Continuing education will include Sales Training and knowledge of products and service offerings of our manufacturers;
- Adapts product/solution offerings of the company to meet client business goals;
- Provides sales proposals, gives product demonstrations, and persuasively illustrates the benefits of the company provided solutions to clients and contractors;
- Prepares and delivers Request for Proposal (RFPs) documents and proposals;
- Communicates sales activity and pipeline forecasts to the Head of Sales and Marketing on a weekly basis, via phone call or video at a predetermined schedule is required, scheduled time of call may be subject to change based on business needs;
- Contacts partners/clients and/or potential clients to answer questions and provide information and customer service as business demands require.
Essential skills and experience: Minimum of 5 years sales experience in low voltage integration field, with experience selling electronic security, including but not limited to CCTV systems, access control and security devices, intrusion detection, video management systems, biometrics, voice systems, fiber optic and copper cabling, integration and installation is preferred. Sales experience with a cabling, electronic security or electrical firm in the Pennsylvania region is preferred. Knowledge of low voltage structured cabling and/or electronic security and technology solutions is preferred, with experience in business development for commercial and/or federal markets and a working knowledge of construction, electrical and engineering drawings. Proven level of sales volume in excess of $1 million per year is required. The position requires an ability to build excellent client relationships, and to influence decision makers within those potential and current clients. The role requires the individual to be well networked or be prepared to develop networks of individuals within the cabling and/or electronic security industry (vendors, manufacturers, and distributors) and be membership affiliated within trade industry. It is important that the individual concerned possesses an ability to prioritize tasks, meets deadlines, a sense of urgency, and the ability to follow-up with clients to close deals. This position requires exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Closing, prospecting, sales planning, and presentation skills are required. The role also requires the ability to work both independently and within a team environment. Strong computer skills, with experience in Microsoft Office Suite, to include but not limited to, Word and Excel are also required. Experience working with a sales CRM is strongly preferred. This position requires flexible working hours and travel, including travel to customer job sites.
You must be able to pass a background check, and/or the ability get a government issued clearance if required. This position requires driving. A clean driving record is required, and candidate must provide a DMV record upon offer of employment. Drug screening is also required as we are a drug-free workplace.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: While performing the duties of this position, the Business Developer is frequently required to sit; talk; hear; and use hands, arms, and fingers to type. The Business Developer is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to feel, finger, or grasp objects or tools; crouch, crawl, and kneel; and reach with hands and arms. The Business Developer may occasionally be expected to lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, ability to adjust focus, and the ability to focus on a CRT or LCD computer monitor for lengthy periods of time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
The role requires that from time to time, as management decides, there may be a requirement for the Business Developer to perform other duties.