Recommend This Job To A Friend
Location: Jessup, MD Reports to: Chief Executive Officer Status: Exempt
Position summary: The Accounting Manager will be responsible for supervising and managing the accounting department and all areas of financial reporting. The position will develop and maintain accounting principles, best practices, and systems for collecting, analyzing and reporting information. Must have a strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). The Accounting Manager will advise on budgets, financial strategy, financial reporting, and forecasting. This position will also be responsible for the managing accounting team, helping audit and ledger preparation, and supporting managers across teams with financial procedures. The Accounting Manager will have strong communication skills and will be capable of building the day to day financial infrastructure. The Accounting Manager will report to the CEO and will work collaboratively with other key stakeholders regarding finance related issues.
Position responsibilities: The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare financial statements and analysis for whole of the company
- Manage and supervise accounting department employees; responsible for day-to-day supervision and leadership
- Maintain and oversee all accounting procedures and processes
- Follow and comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements
- Record and research all financial information for analysis
- Oversee budget reports, preparation of budgets, and analysis of budgets
- Document and interpret complicated financial information for managers and executives
- Advise on procedure and financial management as well as developing policies
- Oversee financial reports for stockholders, taxes, regulatory agencies, and other financial groups relating to company finance
- Audit accounting and finance departments
- Forecast and plans according to fiscal needs
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy and usefulness of financial and management reporting
- Job cost reporting and projections
Essential skills and experience:
Applicants must have construction accounting experience, expert knowledge of SAGE /ABRA software is strongly preferred, strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills, strong attention to detail and time management skills as well as being proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
4+ years of progressive finance experience; including general accounting, financial statement preparation and reconciliations. 4+ years of experience as a corporate Accounting Manager preferred. Strong management, interpersonal and communication skills. Highly organized and detail oriented.
Must be able to pass a background check and/or the ability to get a government issued clearance. Drug screening is also required.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. CPA certification preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: While performing the duties of this position, the Accounting Manager is frequently required to sit; talk; hear; and use hands, arms, and fingers to type. The Accounting Manager is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to feel, finger, or grasp objects or tools; crouch, crawl, and kneel; and reach with hands and arms. The Accounting Manager may occasionally be expected to lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, ability to adjust focus, and the ability to focus on a CRT or LCD computer monitor for lengthy periods of time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills, nor are these statements intended to create a contract of employment between the employee and FiberPlus, Inc.
FiberPlus, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer: m/f/d/v/aa